TASKS & Responsibilities
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Prepare a Department Plan annually based on the Location Plan.
- Prepare a manpower plan and a training plan to ensure sufficient staffing and personal and team development.
- Develop initiatives to improve the performance of the Operations departments and processes.
- Maintain an adequate level of communications with key operational people to ensure adequate operational performance.
- Foster excellent and pro-active communication between the Operations Department of other opco’s and Sales / Product Management.
- Foster excellent and pro-active communication between AD-NL and AD-US.
- Play a pro-active roll related to customers in cooperation with the Sales department.
- Communicate opportunities, which can contribute to the realization of the company objectives although they are not directly part of his responsibility.
- Stimulate initiatives and create a pro-active attitude in the group reporting to him.
- Manage development of the team by:
- Conducting annual review.
- Conducting midyear reviews.
- Discussing personal development plans.
- Lead and coach the Logistics Manager to ensure:
- Monitoring of productivity and accuracy of the logistics operation.
- Continuous improvement of the logistics operation.
- Development and monitoring of Logistics KPI’s.
- Development of the Logistics Team.
- Play an active role in the management team of AD-HK representing the Operations department.
Report on key performance indicators to the General Manager.
Monitor the performance of the Operations processes, in particular the purchase order management, shipment
- Initiate process improvements conform corporate standards.
- Take necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- MSc Strategic Purchasing & Supply Management, or BA (Hons) Logistics and Supply China Management (Northumbria version), or equivalent.
- 5-8 years’ working experience, specializing in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, preferably in Aviation Industry.
- Possesses APICS (level CPIM), or CPM procurement certificates or similar qualification.
- Experienced in using ERP software.
- 2-3 years experience in supervising a team of 10 people.
- Good knowledge in a supply chain/logistics operation, including order processing, forecasting, material management, transportation and logistics, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in executing kitting, VOI (consignment), VMI contracts.
- Familiar with EDI and e-commerce and e-fulfilment concepts.
- Strong communication skills with local and overseas colleagues and customers.
- Creative and initiative to explore new solutions to tackle new problems and issues.
- A fast learner with strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Mandarin).
- Excellent skills in EXCEL and capable of analysing large amount of data.
- 5-day work week.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits.
- A team of motivated colleagues.
- Opportunities for further education.
- An international working environment
Please send your resume with present & expected salaries and quoted reference by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Human Resources Department, Avio-Diepen Hong Kong Ltd, 1501–4 China Aerospace Centre, 143 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.